Skip to main content

Out of District Transfer Applications

Out of District Transfer Applications

Before requesting a transfer, parents should understand they are responsible for providing transportation for their child to and from school, and the transfer may be revoked by the school principal if the student’s attendance or behavior reach an unacceptable level.

There are two types of Out of DIstrict Transfer requests:

       Open Transfer – for students who live outside the Alva Public School District boundaries but request to attend an Alva school.  An Open Transfer Application must be filed with the receiving district between       Jan. 1 and May 31 of the preceding academic year for which transfer is desired.  Grades, attendance, and discipline records from the student’s previous academic year may be required with the application.

          The parent/legal guardian must submit this application to the receiving District no later than May 31.   The Board of Education of the receiving district will notify the parent of their decision by July 15.  No later than August 1, the parent must notify the receiving district of their intent to enroll.  Failure of parents to notify the district as required may result in loss of the student’s right to entroll in the district for that year.

     Emergency Transfer – for students who live outside the Alva Public School District boundaries but request to attend an Alva Public School, however, their request is made after the open transfer request deadline.  Grades, attendance, and disicpline records from the student’s former school may be required with application.  Emergency Transfers are only valid for the current school year in which Transfer is requested and approved.  Must be renewed annually.

Application forms:

*Open Transfer Form (Available Jan 1, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year)

*Emergency Transfer Form

How to submit a Transfer Application:

*All transfer requests are filed with the Alva Public Schoools Superintendent’s Office:

 Ladonna Durkee at:   

     Transfer Application Forms can also be mailed or delivered to 418 Flynn Street, Alva, Okla. 73717.  Any questions please call 580-327-4823.