Goal Area: Culture and Community
Objective 3: Develop Quality Programs
Initiative 1: Enrichment Program
Examine the makeup of the district gifted and talented (GT) committee to ensure every site has representation and all stakeholder groups are represented (administrators, teachers, parents, students)
- Administrators worked together to ensure representation from each building on the District Gifted and Talented Committee. The link below will take you to the 19-20 Alva Public Schools District and Talented Plan with a list of committee members.
- 19-20 Gifted and Talented Plan
Summer/Fall action steps to be completed
- Research effective ways to meet the needs of gifted students through studying successful evidence-based gifted programs and examining programs in other districts.
Winter/Spring action steps to be completed
- Develop identification criteria for Tier 1 students (select a norm-referenced test and determine grade-level testing).
- Develop identification criteria for Tier 2 students (multiple criteria).