Goal Area: Curriculum and Instruction
Objective 1: Master Core Content
Initiative 2: Targeted Interventions
- Provide interventions at all grade levels that devote approximately 10 minutes in each session to building fluent retrieval of basic arithmetic.
Washington – Math fact fluency practice at this point has not been fully achieved. Students are not developmentally ready for math fact practice. They are still grouping and using number lines. Once students are ready developmentally, they will be use a math software program, Imagine Math to practice basic math facts.
Longfellow – Teachers are continuing to use Reflex Math, computer software program, a minimum of 10 minutes a day in each classroom.
Lincoln – This has been added to teacher schedules every day. Xtra Math as weekly assessment tool and differentiated math fact fluency activities.
Alva Middle School – For the first 10 minutes of class the students log in to Imagine Math, computer software program, and work on math facts.
Alva High School – Teachers are using the first 10 minutes of class each day to review math facts.
- Use Measurement of Academic Progress (MAP) data to determine gaps in academic standards from the previous grade level.
- MAP has been consistently used at WECC.. Teachers are using their PLC time this month to delve into the MAP data from the Fall 19-20 test window.
- MAP data is being used to determine gaps and to provide modifications and title assistance to students. Mrs. Levetzow documents MAP data from year to year and shares with classroom teachers. (8-15-19)
- Aug/Sept 2019- Lincoln students took the “Beginning of Year” MAP test; 9/18/19 Mrs. Williams is checking in with teachers via observation conferences on if they are setting growth goals with students to fill gaps.
- MAPS tests are administered 3 times a year. After the initial testing, the students meet with the teacher individually to look at testing data from the previous school year compared to the recent assessment to determine deficiencies and establish growth goals. After the 2nd test, growth is assessed with the teacher and student and the goal is re-assessed. The third and final testing session is administered at the end of school which provides feedback to the teacher and students. All three sessions are utilized along with state testing to determine qualification and placement into Title classes for the upcoming school year.
Winter - December 21 - March 19
Spring - March 20 - June 21
- Investigate the need for creating a Alva Public Schools online academy for non-traditional students.